Pin Parvati Pass Trek
Name:Pin Parvati Pass
Location: Spiti, Himachal Pradesh
Cost: INR 23,000/-
Height: 17,400 feet
Pick Up/Drop: Manali
● Day 1 : Receiving at Rumsu base camp. Registration and orientation. Acclimatization walk. Overnight at Rumsu base camp.
● Day 2 : Trek from Barshaini to Kheer ganga. Level: Moderate. Overnight stay at Kheer Ganga.
● Day 3 : Trek from Kheer Ganga to Tunda Bhuj. Level: Moderate. Overnight stay at Tunda Bhuj.
● Day 4 : Trek from Tunda Bhuj to Thakur Kuan. Level: Difficult. Overnight stay at Thakur Kuan.
● Day 5 : Trek from Thakur Kuan to Rubi Thach. Level: Difficult. Overnight stay at Rubi Thach.
● Day 6 : Trek from Rubi Thach to Mantalai. Level: Difficult. Overnight stay at Mantalai..
● Day 7 : Trek from Mantalai to Parvati side base camp. Level: Difficult. Overnight stay at Parvati side base camp.
● Day 8 : Trek from Parvati side base camp to Pin side base camp. Level: Difficult. Overnight stay at Pin side base camp.
● Day 9 : Trek from Pin side base camp to Mudh base camp. Level: Difficult. Overnight stay at Mud.
● Day 10: Ride to Manali and departure.
● Day 1 : Reporting at Rumsu base camp and Acclimatization walk.
All the participants will report at Rumsu base camp by 8 AM and will undergo registration process. Freshening up and breakfast will happen at the base camp. Post breakfast we will go for an acclimatization walk.
Lunch at 1 PM. Post lunch orientation. Orientation will cover all the general instructions that could be helpful for the trek like back packing, marching technique and medical awareness. Post snacks we will have an ice breaking session.
Overnight stay at Rumsu base camp.
● Day 2 : Rumsu to Kheer ganga.
All the participant will leave the base camp by 8 AM with their breakfast and packed lunch to start the trek. We will start with a jeep ride for Barshaini from Rumsu. We will trek from Barshaini till Kheer Ganga, the first day campsite. It takes around 4-5 hours to complete this part of the trek. The trek is easy with less ascend. There is a small village(Nathan) and then a bridge over the ferocious Parvati which comes across during the trek to Kheer Ganga. The place is known for its hot water spring. Don’t forget to take a dip in it. Overnight stay at Kheer Ganga.
● Day 3 : Trek from Kheer Ganga to Tunda Bhuj.
We will start the trek by 9 AM from Kheer Ganga for Tunda Bhuj. The trek takes around 5-6 hours. The route is easy with a moderate ascend in the end. The entire route runs on the left side of Parvati River. One can find Gujjar Settlements at Tunda Bhuj.
● Day 4 : Trek from Tunda Bhuj to Thakur Kuan.
The trek from Tunda Bhuj to Thakur Kuan runs almost on a normal plain with very less ascend on the right side of Parvati River. We will cross two wooden bridges on the way. After crossing it there is a climb of around one hour to reach to Thakur Kuan. The campsite is very pretty with a big plain ground on the left side of Parvati River.
● Day 5 : Trek from Thakur Kuan to Rubi Thach.
The trek takes around 4-5 hours and runs almost plain with some intermediate ascend. There are two difficult bridges on the way which are made up of big individual rock boulders. The bridge is known as Pandav bridge and it’s believed that Bheem, one of the Pandavas made it. The place is commonly visited by shepherds for it's rich pasture.
● Day 6 : Trek from Rubi Thach to Mantalai.
The trek from Rubi Thach to Manatali is a gradual climb and takes around 5 hours via another thach on the way know as Odi Thach. Mantalai is the place where Parvati could be seen in a lake form. The place is of religious significance and idols of Shiva, Ganesha and Trishul could be seen on the bank. The views are very scenic.Overnight at Mantalai.
● Day 7 : Trek from Mantalai to Parvati side base camp.
The main ascend of the trek starts from Mantalai till Parvati side base camp. There is a big stream that comes on the way known as Kala Khor nalla. Care should be taken while crossing and its advisable that it gets crossed before 10 AM, when the flow is minimum. We will then start with the descend till Parvati side base camp. Hard snow bed could be found on the way to the camp site.
● Day 8 : Trek from Parvati side base camp to Pin side base camp.
The trek from Parvati side base camp to Pine side base camp starts early in the morning by 6 AM so that we cross the glacier patch before the sun comes out and makes it slippery. Peaks like South Parvati and Ganesh could be seen just before reaching the Pass. The top of the pass has a small temple.
The descend till Pin side base camp is moderately average as some part of it goes on glacier and other on scree. After the descend is done, we will cross the Pine Nala with help of rope to reach Pin side base camp.
● Day 9 : Trek from Pin side base camp to Mud base camp
The last day trek is easy and is almost plain but long. The initial part of the trek goes on the left side of Pin Nala. The route then joins to a road (no vehicles run over it) to reach Mud village. The total distance is around 35 kms.
● Day 10: Mud to Manali and Departure.
We will start for Manali early by 6 AM from Kaza. One will come across the famous Kunzum top(4,590 mts.) which connects the Kullu Valley and Lahaul Valley with the Spiti Valley of Himachal Pradesh and Rohtang Pass(13,000 ft) while riding to Manali. Departure by 6 PM.
For Tour Price : Contact us
Meals(Breakfast, Lunch, Snacks, Dinner).
Rucksack(65 liters) with cover.
Plate, mug and spoon
GST @5% of Tour Cost
Cost of Emergency
Personal Porter Charges
Any personal expense.
HOW TO REACH RUMSU CAMP?
Check the following steps:
Take Delhi - Manali volvo bus from Delhi and get down at Patlikuhal(20 kms after kullu and 20 kms before Manali.
From Patlikuhal, Rumsu is another 12 kms. Transport options like sumo and cab are readily available all the time via Patlikuhal Taxi Union Office.
Reach Rumsu and getdown at the Kailashrath Treks landmark. Base camp is at 10 minutes walk from here, follow the markings for the same to reach.