Chanderi Top Trek
About the Fort:-
Chanderi fort trek is one of the difficult category treks in Sahyadris. It has all ingredients of a perfect trek i.e endurance, technique, skills. While many trekkers do the trek only up to the cave, very few actually go right on top of the fort. The way to the top is a combination of scree, exposures and rock patches, which make it real tough for the trekkers.
Itinerary for Trek:-
Assemble at cafe Colony dadar East at 6.00am Leave from Mumbai at 6.30 am Transport arrangements will be decided and intimated to the members later
Reach Vangani and then to the Village Chicholi which is the base village. We start the trek after having breakfast and reach the cave by evening to settle down for the night . Self cooking of Dinner at night
Wake up early cook breakfast. After breakfast start the climb to the Top of Chanderi The final climb is a bit tricky Since this is under weathering process there are loose rocks rolling down. One has to be very careful while climbing and keep a constant lookout for the rolling ones. The climb is almost 80 degree steep and full of scree. There is a water cistern up here with clean water. Pay your respect to the statue of Shivaji Maharaj installed on the top and climb down carefully. After having packed lunch we descend the same way to village Chincholi and start our return Journey to Mumbai
Things to carry:-
• Food as decided in the prehike meeting
• Canvas shoes / Sports shoes
• Ruck sack / Shoulder bag which can hold following items
• Water Bottle (2 Litres Minimum)
• Plate, spoon.
• Spare Cotton Track pant & T- shirts 1 no each.
• Personal medical kit (personal medicines if any, prescribed by family Dr.)
• Lunch to be carried on your own (and for sharing with friends)
• Please do not carry gold ornaments or any other valuables.
• Please do not carry handbags or zolas for the trek.
• Avoid Chapels / Slippers for trek
• Camera, Binocular is allowed at your own risk
• for safety please follow the expert’s/ Instructors advice on trek.
> European standard Safety Equipments as required.
> Complete First Aid Kit
> Trekking leaders and Expertise from our team
Shop # 11, Sai Sahara CHS, Sector 21,
Nerul (E), Navi Mumbai 400706
Phone : +91-22-2771 8845