TREK TO AWCHITGAD
About the Fort:-
Type : Hill fort
Fort Range : Roha
District : Raigad
Grade : Easy
The southern part of Konkan is adorned by natural beauty. The city of Roha is situated on the banks of Kundalika River. Avchitgad is situated in the mountain ranges around Roha. This region is beautiful, and the fort is one of the rich forts of Maharashtra. Dense woods along the mountain have made it bit difficult to ascend the top.
The main entrance to the fort is still in better condition. The bastion on the way from Medhe was much better for keeping a watch on the surrounding region. As we proceed further from the main entrance, we come across the remnants of old constructions on a neighboring hillock.
Near the second entrance there is a lake. The water is potable here. Near to it is a statue of Lord Khandoba. The fort is not much wide, but stretches long enough. It takes about two hours to see the fort. The forest around the fort is dense and the fauna comprises wild hogs, leopards, foxes, monkeys, etc. it is a best monsoon trek.
From the top of Avchitgad we can have a glimpse of Telbaila, Sudhagad, Sarasgad, Dhangad, Raigad, Korigad and Savashna Ghat.
Itinerary for Trek:-
06.00 am – Assemble at suitable place in Mumbai (Will be intimated later)
8.00 am - Breakfast in the Bus
09:30 am – Reach base village
10:00 am – Start ascending towards the Fort
1:00 pm– At top
2:00 pm - start descend –
5:00 pm– At base village for Tea
Back Home by 8.30 / 9.00 pm
Things to carry:-
• Carry one time meal (Lunch) for the trek.
• Canvas shoes / Sports shoes
• Ruck sack / Shoulder bag which can hold following items
• Water Bottle (2 Litres Minimum)
• Plate, spoon.
• Spare Cotton Track pant & T- shirts 1 no each.
• Personal medical kit (personal medicines if any, prescribed by family Dr.)
• Lunch to be carried on your own (and for sharing with friends)
• Please do not carry gold ornaments or any other valuables.
• Please do not carry handbags or zolas for the trek.
• Avoid Chapels / Slippers for trek
• Camera, Binocular is allowed at your own risk
• for safety please follow the expert’s/ Instructors advice on trek.
Trek Cost –
950/- INR per person (with private transport)
50% Advance while confirming bookings.
Balance 50% to be done at least 3 days before commencement of trek.
> Private vehicle transport
> Tea, Breakfast, Evening Tea (Lunch not included)
> European standard Safety Equipments as required.
> First Aid Kit
Mineral Water/ Soft Drinks
On route food/snacks on your journey. Lunch.
Insurance/ Personal Medication
Any other expenses not mentioned in Includes
7 days and less nil refund.
8 days to 21 days 50% refund.
21 days to 45 days 75% refund.