Date: As per choice
About the Fort:-
Ajoba is one of the highest peak in Sahyadri. One of the best places to trek near Mumbai. There is a Valmiki Ashram at half way to the fort. Near the Ashram, there is a small hut where we can stay. A small water stream provides us with pure water. The way beyond Ashram leads to a rivulet, crossing which we can reach the cave of ‘LUV-KUSH’. To reach this spot we have to ascend the way of waterfall for one and half hour. Above this cave there is a precipice called ‘Cradle of Sitamai’. In the cave there are the carved “Padukas” or the footprints of Luv and Kush. This precipice is a real challenge for trekkers. The ashram is a sacred place and people from all over Maharashtra come here. There are some carved stones near the ashram, on which some carved idols depict some story.
Itinerary for Trek:-
Assemble at cafe Colony dadar East at 9.00am Leave from Mumbai at 9.00 am Transport arrangements will be decided and intimated to the members later
Reach base village of Dehne and rest for some time. We reach Valmiki Ashram by evening and settle down for the night . Self cooking of Dinner at night
Wake up early cook breakfast. After breakfast start the climb to Aboba Top.Second Half of the trek is to Luv Kush Cave from nalichi wat just aside ashram crossing a river. This half is also easy but steep and very tiring as only through this you gain height very quickly to top. After having packed lunch we descend the same way to village Dehne and start our return Journey to Mumbai
Things to carry:-
• Food as decided in the prehike meeting
• Canvas shoes / Sports shoes
• Ruck sack / Shoulder bag which can hold following items
• Water Bottle (2 Litres Minimum)
• Plate, spoon.
• Spare Cotton Track pant & T- shirts 1 no each.
• Personal medical kit (personal medicines if any, prescribed by family Dr.)
• Lunch to be carried on your own (and for sharing with friends)
• Please do not carry gold ornaments or any other valuables.
• Please do not carry handbags or zolas for the trek.
• Avoid Chapels / Slippers for trek
• Camera, Binocular is allowed at your own risk
• for safety please follow the expert’s/ Instructors advice on trek.
> European standard Climbing Safety Equipments as required.
> Complete First Aid Kit
> Trekking leaders and Expertise from our team